Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Leaders play Golf...that's just what they do

I am working on being charitable.  Feel free to let me know how I do. 

Every man needs his personal time.  He needs to step away from his job and unwind.  He needs to make his family time for his family.  I understand that, if I had a job right now, I would do it myself, in any event, there are some positions that require, shall we say prudence when it comes to leisure time.  I realize that the President of the United States cannot work without some rest, or some leisure.  That makes sense to me, however:

Libya
Japan
Unresolved Federal Budget


I am not saying that the sky is falling, but, those are three pretty good reasons for not making a very public trip to the golf course on Saturday.  Is it wrong?  You can decide.  Does it feel a little offer kilter?  I am inclined to say that this was not the most prudential decision.  ABC News has the story:  

ABC News' Tahman Bradley reports:

President Obama just could not wait for spring weather to arrive.

"For the second week in a row, the most powerful man in the world stepped away from the White House to hit the golf course.

Even as his administration and the U.S. military help Japan recover from a devastating earthquake, and as the world worries about Fukushima's nuclear reactor, the president could not resist taking advantage of the 48-degree weather in the Washington, D.C., area.

The president left the White House Saturday afternoon for a short trip to Joint Andrews Base in Camp Springs, Md."

-- Tahman Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment